• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No judgment / collections / credit report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

energyiam

Mesa, Arizona

Hi,
I'll be as brief as possible.
I worked for an Apt. community in Gilbert, Arizona and was let go before my 90 days lapsed. I was not given a reason but was told I had 24 hours to vacate the Apt. which was part of the employment deal. I had insisted on a month to month lease just encase this type situation arose. The property manager took a strong dislike to me when I reminded her that I had a lease. She then lied and filed a forceable detainer stating that I had threatened her. (A flat out lie) I moved out before the court date anyway and left the Apt. in perfect condition. The court date came up and I showed up at the court ready to clear the lie from my name. The property Manager never showed so I told her attorney what had transpired and what I was willing to do in the event I had to take legal action of my own to clear the situation up. At this point I had other members of the staff who were willing to testify that the property Manager had said to them "Any one of you who testifies in Scotts favor will be dealing with the exact same situation he is right now." The communitys Attorney after hearing what I stated and seeing the list of employee names that would stand up, he scratched off ALL money due and wrote settled on the court documents. Here is court records to show proof:
Docket: Justice Court Case History
Case #: CC2008166837000
This is the one and only court date between this community and myself. Now, 2 years later I have found out that the community turned a bill over to a collections company who even after being notified (be me) to (verify) the debt. The debt of $1500.00 is still on my credit. The paper work the collections company sent me states that there was $1500.00 in damages to the Apt. (Another lie). Now, I have a notarized letter from the maintenance man who not only work on the community property, but all so was the guy who (rental ready) the unit after I moved out. He is willing to testify in court that the allegations of damages to the unit are lies. This seems like the cart before the horse beings that the only court case ended in (no judgment / Adjudicated). What recourse do I have here? I want this off my credit as I owe them nothing. I would all so like to sue there ass for harassment if I could. These people operate as if there were no laws that applied to them.

Thanks!
Scott

justalayman

You can dispute the reporting of the debt with the credit reporting agencies. If you are sued for the debt, then you can defend their claim.

the claim for damages has nothing to do with the unlawful detainer action though. They are separate issues.

energyiam

Hi, Thanks for replying.
I guess that would be a main question. Can a company just make a debt up out of thin air with no proof of a debt, and never being taken to court for the bogus debt? And then turned over for collections with no documentation to prove the debt is owed? If that's the case anyone could just "say" so & so owes me money and turn it over to a collections company.

energyiam

Can I force the collections company to sue or drop the matter?

I now have 2 former employee's who are willing to testify that the claims of damages to the Apt. are bogus.

At what point would I have any recourse against the Apt. community for falsifying documents and the problems they have caused me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">