• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nursing home charge against me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ronss

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona

i am 65 yr old male working in a nursing home rehab sector as a certifed nursing assisstant, 20 + years experience...Last week, i told cna i was i was going to check on this new resisdent , 5 minutes before quitting time, the 2nd time i saw her that evening....the first time i met her, her husband was present and she has a dog....anyhow, when i went into the room at quitting time, i asked if she was doing ok, and she said she was...i petted her dog, commented on how nice it was, and left...the next day i was called to come to work, i was suspended. this lady called the police on me, stated i flashed her...i am on suspension, and its not going good with my employers..i feel like i may loose my job over this untruthful resisdent....she needs to have lie dectator test...what is my recours on this ??????ron

FlyingRon

Likely you don't. A lie detector test has no legal weight and a person can't be compelled to have one.
If charges were filed against you, you need to be talking to an attorney. Your employer, unfair as it may seem, is free to fire or otherwise sanction you even if the woman was lying.

ronss

Likely you don't. A lie detector test has no legal weight and a person can't be compelled to have one.
If charges were filed against you, you need to be talking to an attorney. Your employer, unfair as it may seem, is free to fire or otherwise sanction you even if the woman was lying.
ok...what type of lawyer do I need to call???slander, libel lawyer, discrimination????

ronss

None of these will help you get your job back if you are terminated.
so this lady that's lying about me...I have absolutely no recourse for her actions...that's not right....don,t I have the right to confront this lady in person?...I am not yet terminated..suspension process

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
so this lady that's lying about me...I have absolutely no recourse for her actions...that's not right....don,t I have the right to confront this lady in person?
You've been accused of a CRIME. It would be monumentally stupid to try to intimidate a woman who is potentially a witness against you in a criminal matter.

Zigner

shes has commited a crime against me.....lying, and wrongful termination on her part
You have no evidence of a crime being committed against you. Once you are cleared through an investigation, you MAY be able to seek compensation from her, but you would have to prove her report was malicious. As for "wrongful termination" - not only have you not been terminated, but if you ARE terminated, it will NOT be a wrongful termination.

ronss

You have no evidence of a crime being committed against you. Once you are cleared through an investigation, you MAY be able to seek compensation from her, but you would have to prove her report was malicious. As for "wrongful termination" - not only have you not been terminated, but if you ARE terminated, it will NOT be a wrongful termination.
could I not come after her for mailicious behavior , lying...if I get terminated...just don,t see right I get terminated, and have no recourse against her totally mean behavior...I am innocent..male cna,s have huge problems in this field

Zigner

could I not come after her for mailicious behavior , lying...if I get terminated...just don,t see right I get terminated, and have no recourse against her totally mean behavior...I am innocent..
How do you intend to prove that this little old gray haired lady who is forced to live in a nursing home is maliciously reporting you to the police for flashing? Heck, when you bent over to pet the dog, did your butt crack show? Some people would consider that flashing.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona

i am 65 yr old male working in a nursing home rehab sector as a certifed nursing assisstant, 20 + years experience...Last week, i told cna i was i was going to check on this new resisdent , 5 minutes before quitting time, the 2nd time i saw her that evening....the first time i met her, her husband was present and she has a dog....anyhow, when i went into the room at quitting time, i asked if she was doing ok, and she said she was...i petted her dog, commented on how nice it was, and left...the next day i was called to come to work, i was suspended. this lady called the police on me, stated i flashed her...i am on suspension, and its not going good with my employers..i feel like i may loose my job over this untruthful resisdent....she needs to have lie dectator test...what is my recours on this ??????ron
I suggest you wait for the investigation to be concluded. Your employer is not in a good position to keep you on when there have been accusations made against you by one of the residents, this whether the employer trusts your story or not.

How old is the woman and what type of rehabilitation is she receiving?

IF your employment is terminated, that would be the time to consider legal recourse.

ronss

I suggest you wait for the investigation to be concluded. Your employer is not in a good position to keep you on when there have been accusations made against you by one of the residents, this whether the employer trusts your story or not.

How old is the woman and what type of rehabilitation is she receiving?

IF your employment is terminated, that would be the time to consider legal recourse.
she probably close to 80 yrs of age......not sure why she is in there..hardly know her....only saw her once for a brief moment with her husband, and once when I did last rounds....for about 1 minute

quincy

she probably close to 80 yrs of age......not sure why she is in there..hardly know her....only saw her once for a brief moment with her husband, and once when I did last rounds....for about 1 minute
She may be suffering from dementia. She may be having hallucinations. There are all sorts of possibilities.

I recommend you let the investigation play itself out. If you are questioned by the police, you would be smart to speak through an attorney, however. You do not want to inadvertently say anything that can be used against you somehow.

That said, if you have been a certified nursing assistant for 20+ years without a complaint, the word of the woman will probably not result in your job termination. It could just be a blip in your career, a forced but temporary time off.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">