• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it ok to post that someone takes a medication for a condition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wcath38

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oregon
can i post online that someone is taking meds for a condition he probly doesnt want her to know about and i have proof

marshalAK

can i post online that someone is taking meds for a condition he probly doesnt want her to know about and i have proof
Who are in you this?? And why would you want to do something so despicable?

cyjeff

Further, unless you are not only a medical professional but also THIS PERSON's medical professional, you really don't know the reason for the medication.

Of course, if you WERE this person's doctor, you would be prohibited from discussing the case and treatment as well.

Now, for a visit from Unca Jeffy...

Just stop.

You start posting other folks intimate details, you can expect to be sued. You may or may not win the suit, but you will definitely find yourself on the wrong end of a large legal bill.

Why, if you wanted to warn someone, wouldn't you just call that person rather than posting such information on the internet... unless, of course, you WANTED the world to know.

See how this paints you?

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
You're angry, hurt, and humiliated which is understandable. However, your course of action is going to make you look vengeful (at best).

And if you have children with him, I urge you to seriously reconsider. Once it's on the web, you can't take it back; humiliating your childrens' father is not going to endear you to them.

Be the better person in this scenario. Acting the part of the crazy, spurned, vindictive wife will NOT make you feel better.

John_DFW

Why, if you wanted to warn someone, wouldn't you just call that person rather than posting such information on the internet
I could see telling the one person IF there was a contagious/infectious disease involved and you knew the person was withholding that information.

Anything else they can figure out on their own.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Would be interesting if he left her for another woman and he's able to function cuz of a blue pill. I'm sure the other party would eventually figure it out :D

Legality aside, it is MORALLY wrong. Can you look yourself in the mirror and even thing this is a right thing to do?

Legally, you can find yourself running up legal fees whether you win or lose.

Proserpina

The truth is, as a rule, an absolute defense against a defamation suit. There are exceptions, but without knowing the specifics I don't think we can really say that OP is in the right or wrong, legally speaking.

Now, there may be privacy issues at play here...but really, we can't say either way what OP's legal problems may be.

Without details ;)

applecruncher

Who is he? her? What's your point/purpose? Sounds like you need to MYOB.

aaaaahhh, saw this later:
I am his wife of 23 yrs and he is leaving me for another.
Gee, wonder why. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">