• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kamam27

Texas

I recently went 3 hours from my home to take a nationally certified test for my career at an approved testing center. I went with another girl who was taking the same test as me. We were greeted by 2 high school students who said they were running the test at this site....ok. About an hour into the test they came in and stopped both mine and my friends test and said they saw and have another witness who saw us cheating. I said how and they said because of "body language" (i ran my fingers through my hair) I asked them to show me on the video...they said they couldnt....I said then pull up are tests and show me that we had the same questions and or even answers, couldnt do it. My career certification is now up in the air....who and what can I do and get......please help me!

antrc170

If there is a national board that hosts the certification I would start by contacting them, or the entity that grants the certification and file a complaint that the testing was poorly conducted.

commentator

The testing site monitors do not have to show you video on request to document your supposed cheating activities. I suspect they probably have it, though. My friend monitors tests for testing center, says the most likely cheaters are teachers, go figure! And they record and document everything.

Incidentally, I suspect they had much more dramatic evidence than just you running your fingers through your hair that would motivate them to actually stop the testing process. Usually when the proctors observe or think they observe cheating, they make notations on the testing information, let others deal with it from the official offices. For them to actually stop the tests, they were either very untrained, or you were very blatant and were failing to comply with their instructions. Either way, an appeal to the testing center administrator or the national organization for certification will be your next step.

kamam27

the 2 "high school students" that stopped us were the only ones there, and that is the only explanation they can give me. I have already taken the next step and contacted national registry and they looked at our tests and confirmed that they were two completely different testes with different questions, so what could we have cheated on, that is where the idea of defamation came from.

latigo

. My career certification is now up in the air....who and what can I do and get......please help me!
Please help you do what? You want to know how to sue three juveniles?!

Is that what you are asking? If so, fill a shoe box full of hundred dollar bills and give it to some shyster lawyer and watch that money join your “career certification” - “up in the air’!

And how come its up there anyway in view of your second post.

The Occultist

I'm thinking, based on your use of "are" when you clearly mean "our" that you weren't gonna pass the test anyways. :cool:

Oh dear, I think that is the cruelist thing I've ever posted on any message board ever.

Dave1952

If you have contacted the "national registry" and they have confirmed that you and your friend had different tests with different answers, then the ball is in their court. What does the national registry propose? Surely they will retest you at their expense.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">