• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Purple1987

West Virginia.

I need help, because this woman is making my life a misery. Ok, Ill give background. My husband divorced his first wife in July last year, although he filed for divorce in January, and she agreed.

He citied irreconcilable differences.
She agreed they last live together "On or around January 15th 2010".
She has no children.
He has no children.
The marriage did not result in any children.

My husband and I met a few weeks later, after I had an operation last Easter. .
I came here in June, he came back with me and visited my family, we have lived together ever since.We married in January.
We are expecting a baby in a few months and I really dont need this right now.
It began in early december, a few months after their divorce was final. We were living with his sister while we waited on our apartment to become available, and she found out his address and started coming to the house early in the morning, to mail handwritten and signed letters to him, very early as he went to work at 7.30am and would check the mailbox and they would be there, but they had not been the night before.
They concerned a car payment they had had together, although she agreed he could have this car, as she took the newer one, it was listed on the divorce papers as his. She sent approx three note, each one getting more angry as he did not respond. After three he phoned her home, and left a message asking her to please stop coming to the house leaving notes. That he was having the car loan refinanced and she had no reason to be writing to him , to try and get his attention. He very calmly and politley asked her to leave us alone.
She didnt.She sent another, we sent one back, very carefully worded, to ask her to please leave us alone and stop it.She didnt.
She continued sending notes. On Christmas Eve she went around to his aunts home, and brought her letter with her, and stayed there, announcing she planned on sueing him for the car. His aunt was put in a terrible position, and said gentley that she really needs to move on..
She took him to court on a contempt charge on the same day she sent a card to his sister.
In the documents she ticked "procedding without a lawyer". But showed p at the courthouse with a lawyer and her family. The court offered my husband time to get one himself, but he knew he didnt need one as this contempt charge was based on nothing but attention seeking.
She lost her court case, she wanted the car but she didnt get it. He had the loan refinanced and she had no claim to it.
We hoped that would be the end of it.
It wasnt, shes going around his husbands relatives, leaving facebook posts about how much she loves them and cant wait to see them. She never actually liked these people, so shes doing it in the hopes we will see it and it will upset us.
Then yesterday we received a letter in the mail,even though we have moved. typed but dated and signed (actually signed, in pen)by her mother, accusing him of abusing her (untrue) of cheating on her with me (untrue, at the time they were splitting up, as she acknowledged i was in a hospital in the united kingdom) and several other hateful statements. She claimed he had no grounds for divorce ( Irreconcilable differences, his whole family and friends knew she was an alcoholic who he didn't want to be married too) and many other untrue statments.
Also, I have been keeping a diary of other things that have been happening (i.e his car alarm going off several times a night the past few nights, despites being parked securely and his whole car was looked at yesterday by an auto shop who said it was fine, the alarm was fine but pointed out something we hadnt seen..his car rim had been smashed in and scraps where all along the front. It hadnt been hit by anything.

I really dont want stress at this time in my life,shes found our new address now. Im sick of it all, is there anything we can do? we have kept her letters and the one by her mother. Also saved the website pages were she is posting to several of his family members odd statements.We have a diary of the activity. Plus many of his family members know, and have either been visited or spoken to by her herself.

Because she wrote on the letter untrue claims ( abuse, cheating)
Because of the first letter being hand delivered to the mailbox (ie she was physically coming the house) then mailing them after she had been asked to stop.
Because she is going through his family members to get to him.
Because the divorce is final, they have no children, and he is now married to me.
Is there anything we can do?
He is in his early 30's, I am in my early 20s and she is in her late 30's.

Im sorry that it was a long post..but I cant take this anymore,and hope the detail could get us some good advice.

Thankyou

cyjeff

Call the police.

Contact an attorney to see if this rises to harassment.

But, mostly, ignore it. She is doing it because it works. If it stops working, she will stop doing it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">