• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help I have no idea what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amyward79

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? indiana
I need advice and i feel like Im getting just run around from my local police dept!
Ill try to make the post short, I had a break and enter in my house. Came home from a vaca. to find all my electronics stolen and alot of other things, kids rooms destroyed and so on. come to find out the thieves left their property in my house with a name on it, found it and found out it was my 20yo cousin and her boyfriend. Went to her house , sister let me in when i found my laptop sitting on her desk. called detectives who in turn arrested the cousin eventually 2 weeks later. and her boyfriend. the boyfriend admitted to being in my house and taking stuff that my cousin told him to take and my neighbors put them att the scene. now my cousin is out of jail on bond with 2 class d felonies against her and 1 class b. she has a court date on aug 10 but she is laughing it up on facebook talking about how happy she is and how she is working so much and she is such an angel and it makes me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!! My question is if i go to where she works and just leave the info on her arrest is that slander even though its true? I just need people to know she will screw anyone over at anytime! I actually helped raise this girl and she did over 10,000 worth of damage to my home and scared the living daylights outta my kids! I need to know what I can do because from the looks of it she will get away with this? Please Thanks in advance!!!!

quincy

It is not slander to tell the truth, HOWEVER, I warn you against messing with your cousin's employment.

I would let the court handle the charges against her and let her job find out about the arrest, charges and possible conviction through other sources.

And stay off her Facebook page if it makes you sick.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">