• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Posting a blog about seeing people eat lunch

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

norm21254

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Is it against the law and consider stalking if someone posts in a blog where they are having lunch with some friends and then someone else posts a blog later saying they saw them and mentioned what 1 of them ate?

Silverplum

Is it against the law and consider stalking if someone posts in a blog where they are having lunch with some friends and then someone else posts a blog later saying they saw them and mentioned what 1 of them ate?
People are so weird.

CSO286

I'd consider it creepy.

Not illegal, but creepy.

(assuming there isn't some kind of TRO between the blogger and one of lunchers....)

The Occultist

I don't even see why it's creepy; it was a public place, and the action was observed.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that there is more to the OP's story than what he posted, and he likely needs to share it before we can come up with anything near the accurate advice that he needs.

Last edited:

Proserpina

Goodness gracious me, if this kind of thing was illegal then People, US, Life & Style, Shyte and Briny, Hello, Star etc., would lose half of their weekly content!

And that's obviously not the case.

Restraining orders notwithstanding ;)

John_DFW

Goodness gracious me, if this kind of thing was illegal then People, US, Life & Style, Shyte and Briny, Hello, Star etc., would lose half of their weekly content!

And that's obviously not the case.

Restraining orders notwithstanding ;)
The expectation of privacy of the average person is different than that of public figures.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl

Based solely on what is posted here, no, it is neither against the law nor considered stalking.

If you want a more complete answer, you'll have to provide more facts.

AlexB18

This is not stalking unless you live in la-la land... not to mention all of the above is done in PUBLIC where it's been well established that one has no reaosnable expectation of privacy.

If you had some reasonable expectation of privacy (own home, private room, etc)... you might have a complaint about invasion of privacy.

quincy

Shooting from the hip with your answers are you, Alex? ;)

There are very few absolute answers in law. While in public a person generally gives up his right to privacy, this is not true in all cases. All facts and details are important for an accurate answer, as The Occulist indicated.

AlexB18

Shooting from the hip with your answers are you, Alex? ;)

There are very few absolute answers in law. While in public a person generally gives up his right to privacy, this is not true in all cases. All facts and details are important for an accurate answer, as The Occulist indicated.
You got me... lol. That did sound a bit absolute... I meant there's a very good argument that it's in a public location and there probably wasn't a reasonable right to privacy. There's numerous websites that post pictures of "nonconsenting" people in public locations for various reasons.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">