• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Potential Defamation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hifromrohit

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Hey guys, first time poster here. So I am a student in college who had amazing luck and landed a super-douche roommate this semester. Recently when I came back he was doing his usual messy/douchy stuff when I got mad at him. Then he threatened to beat me up basically, he also said "I will kill you" (he is a lot bigger than me he is 6'5 I am about 5'8). He was basically bullying me.
So I reported this to my Reslife and they brought him in to question him, obviously he denies the whole situation. He then calls me and basically threatened me again and says that If I don't stop this he will proceed with legal action. At this point I was appalled at his nature. He is wealthy, I am the opposite. No way I can afford a lawyer. I am sure that his threat about legal action is pretty empty but I want to know what you guys think.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

hifromrohit

the only way to get a new roommate is after a review process by reslife. Then they determine who needs to move out. In the meantime during the review they will want me, the complainer, to move out. Its very tedious, I only have a month of school left and I am considering just ending the process just so I don't have to deal with this headache. But I also don't want him to go unpunished.
And I will record my convos with him from now on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">