• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question About Friend & Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lamba763

A friend admitted to sending a death threat by cell phone to some guy's business voicemail in another state (he lives in Colorado Springs). He doesn't intend to carry out any threats. He somehow found this guy's information on the Internet, and this guy apparently posted something online that my friend found offensive. My friend called 6 days ago and sofar no one has contacted him. He was being impulsive apparently since he used a cell phone with a non-restricted traceable number. He is not a minor and has never been charged with a crime. I would provide more details but that's all I know for now.

What will likely happen to my friend?

How likely is he to get caught?

What will likely happen to him if he is caught?

What should he do if he caught?

Thanks for any assistance.

quincy

What a boneheaded (and dangerously illegal) thing for this friend of yours to do.

There is no way anyone can predict what will happen, so I cannot answer for you any question but your last one - if he is caught, he should hire an attorney.

It is really too bad that he is not a minor because then his parents could confiscate his cell phone. He is obviously not mature enough to have one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">