• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RE: Is this slander? How can I stop this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anne

RE: Is this slander? How can I stop this?

What is the name of your state (Missouri)?

More than five years ago, I had an Insurance Agent. I was alone in the office with her receptionist. I was supposed to pick up some information from the agent but the receptionist insisted on handling this matter. So I let her. I questioned the results and the receptionist started yelling at me.

I told the agent about it later and she got made at me and said I was rude to her receptionest. I said fine, apologized and left the office. They were never able to tell me how I was rude. However I did cancel with this particular agent and got a refund.

As far as I was concerned the matter was dropped.

Well today I am in the post office talking with another customer. This agent was behind me talking to the someone telling them that I was crazy. I assume it was me she was talking about because she kept looking at me.

Everyone in the post office heard her I assume because I heard her and I was in the front of the line and she was in the back. I would not have seen her or recognize her if she had not opened her big mouth in hearing of everyone. I probably would not even have known she was there. The lady she was talking to was several people behind her.

What I want to know is what I can do to stop this lady to stop her from doing this. Eventually if she continues this could have detrimental results for me such as in employment, insurance, etc. I have done nothing to hurt this lady.

Would I be in trouble for talking to this lady's employers. I mean legal trouble?
By the way, the doctors tell me I am sane.What is the name of your state (Missouri)?

Last edited:

swalsh411

You "assume" too much. Plus you can't sue for possible future damages. When you have suffered some actual damages then maybe you might have a case if you have tens of thousands of dollars on hand and several years to spend on it.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (Missouri)?

More than five years ago, I had an Insurance Agent. I was alone in the office with her receptionist. I was supposed to pick up some information from the agent but the receptionist insisted on handling this matter. So I let her. I questioned the results and the receptionist started yelling at me.

I told the agent about it later and she got made at me and said I was rude to her receptionest. I said fine, apologized and left the office. They were never able to tell me how I was rude. However I did cancel with this particular agent and got a refund.

As far as I was concerned the matter was dropped.

Well today I am in the post office talking with another customer. This agent was behind me talking to the someone telling them that I was crazy. I assume it was me she was talking about because she kept looking at me.

Everyone in the post office heard her I assume because I heard her and I was in the front of the line and she was in the back. I would not have seen her or recognize her if she had not opened her big mouth in hearing of everyone. I probably would not even have known she was there. The lady she was talking to was several people behind her.

What I want to know is what I can do to stop this lady to stop her from doing this. Eventually if she continues this could have detrimental results for me such as in employment, insurance, etc. I have done nothing to hurt this lady.

Would I be in trouble for talking to this lady's employers. I mean legal trouble?
By the way, the doctors tell me I am sane.What is the name of your state (Missouri)?
So let me understand this. You were at the post office at the front of the line, and this lady and her friends were at the back of the line. The lady was talking about you to her friends. She was apparently telling the story about how rude you were to her that many moons ago, right?

How do you know she was talking about you. Did she say Anne... ?So how many people standing in line at the post office knew you personally? And most importantly how were you damaged?

Oh, one more thing, what makes you think we'd think you're insane. Hmmm.... I wonder:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">