• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Receiving mail in ripped-open envelopes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonki

your recourse would have been a personnel complaint, not a criminal allegation.

It is a crime in other countries.

In the United States we have a Constitutional right to be objectionable and hold bigoted ideas - even to express them from time to time

Which is criminal while holding an official position or being on a job in countries with zero tolerance for ethnic tensions, but like you said: it's America. That is why I am taking refuge in a saner, more civilized part of our world. And can't stand the thought of stepping on the US soil ever again. I have an enumeration of similar and more egregious examples of ethnic hate in America and don't have the resource to share them here.

Last edited:

Proserpina

Which is criminal while holding an official position or being on a job in countries with zero tolerance for ethnic tensions, but like you said: it's America. That is why I am taking refuge in a saner, more civilized part of our world. And can't stand the thought of stepping on the US soil ever again. I have an enumeration of similar and more egregious examples of ethnic hate in America and don't have the resource to share them here.

Remind us please why you're on a US legal forum?

justalayman

The incident in question took place in the land of the free, home of the brave. That's why.
what the laws of some other country are are irrelevant in the US so quit saying something would be criminal in your unnamed country. It doesn't matter in the US.

This happened too many years ago to do anything about so yes, at best it would be academic. At worst you are a troll wasting everybody's time.

Since all the torn mail came from the same place and all the mail from that location was ripped and no other mail coming from other locations was ripped, I suggest a sorting machine local to the place of origin that none of your other mail was subjected too was malfunctioning and caused the mail from only that origin to be torn. Case solved. Now move on. Since you have such loathing for the US, you would be much better off if you just forgot all about your experiences here and enjoyed your life in your current home country.

quincy

Gonki, you can lock the thread yourself, if you feel it has run its course.

Here is a link to the postal laws in Vietnam, in case you find you are having the same sort of problems in your country with tampered mail:

http://www.moj.gov.vn/vbpq/en/Lists/Vn bn php lut/View_Detail.aspx?ItemID=10480

The information provided in the link will show you what your government can and shouldn't do with mail coming from or going to foreign countries. When there is an issue of national security, your mail can be opened.

CdwJava

We're not IN "other countries." And, frankly, I'm glad we're not in a country where - at least for the moment - is not criminal to hold beliefs that might be different than the perceived mainstream.

That is why I am taking refuge in a saner, more civilized part of our world.
Good for you. Life in a country without freedom must be far more comfortable for you. :rolleyes:

And can't stand the thought of stepping on the US soil ever again. I have an enumeration of similar and more egregious examples of ethnic hate in America and don't have the resource to share them here.
And I can point out many dozens of countries where they KILL people who don't think, act, or look the same as the people in power. They have laws against free thought, too.

Gonki

To go along with the theme of CdwJava's post, here is a link to the Human Rights Watch organization's report on Vietnam, 2012: http://www.hrw.org/world-report-2012/world-report-2012-vietnam

Vietnam is a beautiful country, geography-wise, but it is not exactly free from the type of ethnic intimidation you found distasteful in the U.S. ;)
In my experience of having traveled to or so 20 countries - no place is as horrible as the US. Definitely the worst service! I was not slighted since I moved here. The people are polite, considerate, and patient when giving service. America is a violent hellhole, I'd do anything to forget it.

Proserpina

In my experience of having traveled to or so 20 countries - no place is as horrible as the US. Definitely the worst service! I was not slighted since I moved here. The people are polite, considerate, and patient when giving service. America is a violent hellhole, I'd do anything to forget it.
And yet according to some polls, the US is the second "favorite" destination of refugees.

Huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">