• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluerabbit

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

Two weeks after being falsely accused and charged with 2nd degree assault I was fired from my job of 17 years. The criminal case was dismissed by the court. Can I sue for slander and if so who? My accuser and/or my employer?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

Two weeks after being falsely accused and charged with 2nd degree assault I was fired from my job of 17 years. The criminal case was dismissed by the court. Can I sue for slander and if so who? My accuser and/or my employer?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Are you able to show that a) the charges were knowingly false, and b) that had it not been for the charges being filed that you would still have the same job?

Charges being dismissed does not equate to the former.

:)

quincy

If you have any defamation suit to consider at all, however, it would be against the one who made the false accusations against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">