• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander by ex-coworker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pasc

What is the name of your state? SC

An ex-co-worker and I have been having problems like this since before I left that job. Now, she is using me as an example to new employees but she is making up stories that are not true and very negative. For example, she told one that I used to take underage employees to my house to drink, and that is unacceptable. I never did that and the said employees will vouch for that. Do I have any legal avenues for this?

pasc

I am not sure what you mean?
I dont want anything from her. I just want her employer to deal with the situation. I live in the development where she works and I have to see the people she is telling this stuff to on a daily basis. I just need to know if there is any way i can make her employer do something about it, or do I just deal with it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pasc said:
I am not sure what you mean?
I dont want anything from her. I just want her employer to deal with the situation. I live in the development where she works and I have to see the people she is telling this stuff to on a daily basis. I just need to know if there is any way i can make her employer do something about it, or do I just deal with it.
My response:

This is a legal site. What you're asking has nothing to do with law. We don't tell people how to tell their employers anything because that has nothing to do with law.

Learn how to live your life. If you need "life lessons", then talk to your parents.

IAAL

The Occultist

VAEmployee, please pay attention to what's going on. You just revived a thread that is over two years old. I'm pretty sure the OP's problem, one way or another, has been solved.

quincy

VAEmployee -

If you have a similar problem, there are people on this forum ready to assist you with it, however it is best to start your own new thread, with your own new information, so that the forum advisors do not have to wade through an old post to get to a new (and undoubtedly different) question with new (and undoubtedly different) circumstances involved.

Post a new thread and we will assist you where we can. :)

Last edited:

Ameka Dixon

Defamation of character

Is it defamation of character if I write a book about the people that I've had problems with in the past by using the situations and all except for real names? Can I be sued?

Ameka Dixon

Is it defamation of character if I write a book about the people that I've had problems with in the past by using the situations and all except for real names? Can I be sued?
Can i also use quotes in my book?Also if i make a movie can i use people in the film that actually looks like the ones that i will be writing about & not get sued?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Amazing - not only do you re-revive a long dead thread...but you do it AFTER someone else has been told to start their own thread.

Ameka - START YOUR OWN THREAD!

TigerD

Would it be slander to list all the people who revive long dead threads with pointless comments?

Can I sue myself for listing me there?

Ahh screw it, I'm going to bed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">