• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander/harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cheknurpulse196

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

My husband and I have a neighbor who is going around the neighborhood and slandering us and calling Child Protective Services on us.
She took our children to a camp she runs a few weeks ago. My husband tried to get a hold of the children which she said was allowed. He was not able to get a hold of them so he called the womans husband. He told the husband if he didn't hear from the children that he was going to call the state police and find out what was going on. That was all.
Well, she proceeded to bad mouth my husband in front of the children while they were at camp. My youngest started to cry and my oldest butted heads with her. She decided to send the children home that weekend, but in the mean time continued to belittle my husband in front of them. She didn't sen their suitcase home with them, she brought it home when she returned the following weekend. She proceeded to take some clothing out that she had purchased for my oldest as a gift. We informed her we would file theft charges if she didn't return them. She did return them.
Now our neighbor has called DCS on us. Has gone to the neighbors and slandered us. And her husband has told a neighbor that we are friends with that she's only just begun. He has said he can't or won't stop her. This is getting out of hand and I need to know what can be done.

quincy

The situation you describe is a puzzling one.

Why did you let this woman take your children?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">