• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander or Stalking?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsmith123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I'm 17 almost 18 and someone started a thread about me on an online forum that said I was a slut. A bunch of people commented and put me down then one person, an adult, has been on there talking about how my boyfriend is too old for me. Then I called them a a slang term for someone who is gay starting with the letter Q and then called me a bigot and told me that I was a tw*t. Basically the term for a female genitalia. They are anonymous and have only talked to me in the forum. Can I get them for stalking since I'm 17? Is it illegal to call me a bad word if they are over 18? Since I called them a bad name and have been arguing with everyone does it blow my chances of getting anyone in trouble? Can the police arrest them for calling me a bad word online?

CourtClerk

Oh, so you gave it out and when someone gave it back to you, you can't take it...

you have absolutely no legal case for anything, but you need to tell your parents that you require a little more supervision until you become an adult.

Proserpina

I'm 17 almost 18 and someone started a thread about me on an online forum that said I was a slut. A bunch of people commented and put me down then one person, an adult, has been on there talking about how my boyfriend is too old for me. Then I called them a a slang term for someone who is gay starting with the letter Q and then called me a bigot and told me that I was a tw*t. Basically the term for a female genitalia. They are anonymous and have only talked to me in the forum. Can I get them for stalking since I'm 17? Is it illegal to call me a bad word if they are over 18? Since I called them a bad name and have been arguing with everyone does it blow my chances of getting anyone in trouble? Can the police arrest them for calling me a bad word online?

No, no and no.

Stop going to the forum. They cannot hurt or offend you if you're ignoring it

And..stop antagonizing the situation.

Isis1

Calling you a bad word/name is not illegal. It is childish. Turn off the computer and go play outside.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">