• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Somebody please help!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GoaliesRock1967

I have a good friend in New York State who is separated from her husband. He posted something on facebook that has her extremely upset. this is what he posted..... "Heartbroken cause wife sent out nude photos of her to guys that are married, and we know them and their wives. Plus to my son's best friend who is 20....not friends anymore... what has my wife done to this family, plus ****ing *^&#^* **#^ (name withheld) 3 houses down. I have no heart left. These guys also sent her nude shots."

Almost all of this is false. It is true that she did send a few pics to 1 guy. but that was it, just 1 guy. And she never had sex with anyone other than her husband.

New York liable laws state that the offender must clearly identify who it is. Does the term "My Wife" meet this criteria???

Also, since this was read by all his friends on facebook, not just her (she is not on his friends list) does this constitute liable, and if so, what can she do about it!!!!

You really should have your dear friend sign up for her own account and post this question. If she's that upset then she should be able to ask for herself.

Antigone*

If she could she would..... I'm just trying to help out a friend....
Guess she shouldn't have sent those pics huh:rolleyes:.

People just don't get it. How stupid can they be. Do you guys think we could get in trouble for saying "she pulled an Anthony Wiener":eek:

Advise your friend to stop being so stupid.

And just because your friend only claims it was one person. Rep Weiner claimed he was hacked. People lie all the time, even to friends. This is why it's better from the horse's mouth, so to speak. :cool:

quincy

GoaliesRock, in the situation you have described, "my wife" would adequately identify the man's wife.

What the husband wrote, about his wife sending nude photos to men, could be considered "substantially" true, if the wife admittedly sent out nude photos of herself to someone other than her husband. Truth and substantial truth are defenses to a claim of defamation.

Depending on what "****ing" and "^&#^***#^" are, the wife may or may not have been defamed by her husband, but these alone are unlikely to support a defamation action worth the high costs of pursuing.

One thing your good friend in New York could do, I suppose, is take her separation one step farther and file for divorce from her husband?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">