• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Someone is posting videos online, intending harm to me and my family. Personal Info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HarassVictim1

I'm not at all astonished.
Well all they did was tell him to stop, so apparently he wasnt breaking any laws right. Now he has moved on to giving my personal info on YouTube videos telling others to come to my house and hurt me. All based on the fact that he was let go from his job because I stopped giving him rides to work, and he found out someone gave his address out online, but has no evidence or proof that it was me. So he assumed it was me, and proceeded on a rage campaign against me. I'm just trying to protect my loved ones from a psychopath. Do you support his actions?

Silverplum

Well all they did was tell him to stop, so apparently he wasnt breaking any laws right. Now he has moved on to giving my personal info on YouTube videos telling others to come to my house and hurt me. All based on the fact that he was let go from his job because I stopped giving him rides to work, and he found out someone gave his address out online, but has no evidence or proof that it was me. So he assumed it was me, and proceeded on a rage campaign against me. I'm just trying to protect my loved ones from a psychopath. Do you support his actions?
I can't remember the last time I answered in this manner, but:

Uhhh, no.

justalayman

so, have you filed for a restraining order or personal protective order? If you had either of those, any text messages after that would be a violation and he could be arrested.

then you have this:

SECTION 11-52-4.2

§ 11-52-4.2 Cyberstalking andcyberharassment prohibited. – (a) Whoever transmits any communication by computer or other electronic deviceto any person or causes any person to be contacted for the sole purpose ofharassing that person or his or her family is guilty of a misdemeanor, andshall be punished by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500), byimprisonment for not more than one year, or both. For the purpose of thissection, "harassing" means any knowing and willful course of conduct directedat a specific person which seriously alarms, annoys, or bothers the person, andwhich serves no legitimate purpose. The course of conduct must be of a kindthat would cause a reasonable person to suffer substantial emotional distress,or be in fear of bodily injury. "Course of conduct" means a pattern of conductcomposed of a series of acts over a period of time, evidencing a continuity ofpurpose. Constitutionally protected activity is not included within the meaningof "course of conduct."

(b) A second or subsequent conviction under subsection (a) ofthis section shall be deemed a felony punishable by imprisonment for not morethan two (2) years, by a fine of not more than six thousand dollars ($6,000),or both.
and this:

SECTION 11-59-2

§ 11-59-2 Stalking prohibited. – (a) Any person who: (1) harasses another person; or (2) willfully, maliciously,and repeatedly follows another person with the intent to place that person inreasonable fear of bodily injury, is guilty of the crime of stalking.

(b) Stalking shall be deemed a felony punishable byimprisonment for not more than five (5) years, by a fine of not more than tenthousand dollars ($10,000), or both.

xylene

And you weren't sure the police would help you if you reported that someone was making death threats against you?
No offense to your faith in the police, but law enforcement not taking adult to adult same gender internet threats seriously is hardly surprising, however credible the verbiage of the threat.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">