• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Someone is posting videos online, intending harm to me and my family. Personal Info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HarassVictim1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Rhode Island

So I am receiving numerous Phone Calls and Death threats from someone over the internet. Yes, internet drama. However, said person posted a video online on YouTube last night showing his full face on the video, and then proceeding to tell others my entire First and Last name, then the Town I live in and that my address was available in the White Pages. It is. He then proceeded to name off all the contents of my house, Xbox, Gear, Prescriptions (legal) and where they may be located, and said that they should kick down my door, and should rob and hurt me. At the end of the video he explains how hes going to "Take Care of Me" and that I should kill myself and leave his name in the note. What can I do about this? Any advice would be great, thanks. YouTube had flagged the video for Threats and Harassment, however, I managed to save it before it was taken down. He is now making the same videos as the one on YouTube with even more of my information, telling others to come hurt me, but they are being posted on TwitVid and Facebook and I cannot have them flagged for removal. He is intending to cause my family harm and have us hurt somehow or someway. What can I do about this. This has to be illegal.

Proserpina

So I am receiving numerous Phone Calls and Death threats from someone over the internet. Yes, internet drama. However, said person posted a video online on YouTube last night showing his full face on the video, and then proceeding to tell others my entire First and Last name, then the Town I live in and that my address was available in the White Pages. It is. He then proceeded to name off all the contents of my house, Xbox, Gear, Prescriptions (legal) and where they may be located, and said that they should kick down my door, and should rob and hurt me. At the end of the video he explains how hes going to "Take Care of Me" and that I should kill myself and leave his name in the note. What can I do about this? Any advice would be great, thanks. YouTube had flagged the video for Threats and Harassment, however, I managed to save it before it was taken down. He is now making the same videos as the one on YouTube with even more of my information, telling others to come hurt me, but they are being posted on TwitVid and Facebook and I cannot have them flagged for removal. He is intending to cause my family harm and have us hurt somehow or someway. What can I do about this. This has to be illegal.

Make a report to the police.

sandyclaus

Good god... what are you waiting for? Call the police!

And exactly what did you do to set this person off to the point where they want to "take care of you" and your family?

HarassVictim1

Good god... what are you waiting for? Call the police!

And exactly what did you do to set this person off to the point where they want to "take care of you" and your family?
He claims that I gave someone HIS home address. But its a claim that cant be substantiated. I would never do such a thing to someone. He assumed that it was me, and is now putting my address online.

HarassVictim1

One of his enemies I guess, made a threat to harm him, and that his enemy, whoever he is, attained his address through a text message. He jumped the gun and started to accuse everyone he knew of giving his address out. He has no evidence or proof that it came from any one person. He decided in his mind that it came from me. I assure you, it did not.

Antigone*

One of his enemies I guess, made a threat to harm him, and that his enemy, whoever he is, attained his address through a text message. He jumped the gun and started to accuse everyone he knew of giving his address out. He has no evidence or proof that it came from any one person. He decided in his mind that it came from me. I assure you, it did not.
Hello McFly :eek: So why haven't you called the police yet:confused:

Silverplum

He claims that I gave someone HIS home address. But its a claim that cant be substantiated. I would never do such a thing to someone. He assumed that it was me, and is now putting my address online.
There's more.

How, exactly, does he know the contents of your home, the names and locations of your prescription drugs, etc.?

This indicates a close, personal relationship. Don't be coy -- how do you expect to get real help with just little pieces of your story?

HarassVictim1

There is more yes, he was a fellow musician, and a friend, for a few years... We were friends. THere is more to the story yes, he is almost 40 years old and works two towns over from his hometown. For over a year I gave him rides to work, when I said to stop calling me for rides to work, he went ballistic. He could not find a ride for a few nights in a row and then was fired from his position. He is putting the blame on me for no longer giving him rides and its my fault that he was let go. So he is out for vengeance because its my fault that he no longer receives a paycheck.

Silverplum

There is more yes,
;)
:cool:
:rolleyes:

he was a fellow musician, and a friend, for a few years... We were friends. THere is more to the story yes, he is almost 40 years old and works two towns over from his hometown. For over a year I gave him rides to work, when I said to stop calling me for rides to work, he went ballistic. He could not find a ride for a few nights in a row and then was fired from his position. He is putting the blame on me for no longer giving him rides and its my fault that he was let go. So he is out for vengeance because its my fault that he no longer receives a paycheck.
Typical.

So why haven't you called the cops?

Answer: Because there's still more to the story.

;)

HarassVictim1

No I just called them, I was printing out all the death threats, and copying the video to my phone to show the officers. Im taking action, thanks.
I was curious as to what law he was breaking, I wanted to make sure that the police would help me before I did. I already went to the police when he said he was in my driveway with a gun, and filed my initial report against him. They told him to stop harassing me and he is continuing his harassment because I "snitched" and he is even more angry than he was before I filed my initial report. He made the video because I dialed the police the first time. It just fueled his anger toward me.

Silverplum

I was curious as to what law he was breaking, I wanted to make sure that the police would help me before I did. I already went to the police when he said he was in my driveway with a gun, and filed my initial report against him. They told him to stop harassing me and he is continuing his harassment because I "snitched" and he is even more angry than he was before I filed my initial report. He made the video because I dialed the police the first time. It just fueled his anger toward me.
So first you were curious.

And you weren't sure the police would help you if you reported that someone was making death threats against you?

Okey-dokey.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">