• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

soon to be ex-roommate / his stuff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snackman

What is the name of your state? illinois

my roommate went to jail back in november of 2005. i still have his stuff at my house. i am in the process of talking with his parents to come down and get his things. my question is this - we never had a piece of paper that he signed for the rent he was paying me (but i do have a record w/excel on what he was paying me each week), & at the time of him going to jail he owed me a lot of money. since then i've been charging him storage rent fee for his things in my house. as of recently, his mom said she would come down for his things - he has a computer (not that good of one, but does the things i need it to do), by any chance can i keep this computer until he gets out of jail and/or pays me all the back money that he owes me?:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">