• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

quincy

Now I am thoroughly confused. And is OP's case in FEDERAL court? Or State court?
This thread is a bit confusing, and I am afraid I have helped to make it so.

The defamation lawsuit should have been filed in a circuit court in Florida. My district court link throw you? :)

Here is, perhaps, a better link from the Trial Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar. The link provides access to the 2013 Discovery Handbook:
http://www.flatls.org/index.php?option=com_rubberdoc&view=category&id=40&Itemid=62

Last edited:

ppr

Thanks to everyone who responded and I appreciate.

My question are, again:

(i). do I need to attend for the audio deposition (for which I filed a motion to quash) if there is no hearing before the deposition date?

(ii). (If I need to attend then) Can they ask me any questions during the deposition?

(iii). Do I need to produce the documents (such as my tax returns (which are not available to me: so, I cannot produce them) and some other documents (which may be available to me) for which I expressed my objection in the motion for quash that I submitted?

LdiJ

My question are, again:

(i). do I need to attend for the audio deposition (for which I filed a motion to quash) if there is no hearing before the deposition date?

(ii). (If I need to attend then) Can they ask me any questions during the deposition?

(iii). Do I need to produce the documents (such as my tax returns (which are not available to me: so, I cannot produce them) and some other documents (which may be available to me) for which I expressed my objection in the motion for quash that I submitted?
I don't think that you are grasping that we cannot help you. You are unable or unwilling to provide the details that would be necessary for us to help you, and on top of that it appears that the situation is too complex for an internet forum.

quincy

My question are, again:

Yes*, yes, no (not until the court rules on your motion).

You can find answers to your questions in the link(s) I provided above, if you actually take some time to read what is there.

I think you will benefit by talking to an attorney in your area. I recommend you do so before the deposition.

Good luck.

*or risk court sanctions

Last edited:

mmmagique

And OP, as has been explained to you many times, you *can* get your tax returns. I know you don't *want to* but that is not the same as can't. You can, and very easily too.

quincy

And OP, as has been explained to you many times, you *can* get your tax returns. I know you don't *want to* but that is not the same as can't. You can, and very easily too.
The tax returns, though, are perhaps the only thing that ppr may not have to produce. :)

I hope ppr is aware (and he should be, if he has read this thread carefully enough and has read at least one of the civil discovery links) that if his reasons to support his motion to quash the subpoena are found to be without merit, the court can grant sanctions. I certainly question his including in his motion an objection to the audio recording of the deposition.

At any rate, if the deposition is not delayed until after the motion is heard, and if at the scheduled deposition ppr does not produce the requested documents that are the subject of his motion to quash, ppr could find himself having to attend a second deposition.

I hope what he has to say actually helps his brother. He really should speak with a Florida attorney prior to the deposition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">