• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue for my legal fees?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bcole6

What is the name of your state? N.Y.

I had harassment charges and an order of protection filed against me last summer by an fellow employee who claimed I had threatened to kill him. He was soon after fired for multiple reasons, mostly for being a jerk. I still work there. I hired an attorney. We were present for four court appearences (The complaintant was there for the first). The last court date was for a "bench" trial ?? where all was to be resolved. Being that he did not show, the case was dismissed and the order of protection dropped. Is there any way I can at least go after him for my legal fees for falsely accusing harrasment to the police?

webguy1024

What is the name of your state? N.Y.

I had harassment charges and an order of protection filed against me last summer by an fellow employee who claimed I had threatened to kill him. He was soon after fired for multiple reasons, mostly for being a jerk. I still work there. I hired an attorney. We were present for four court appearences (The complaintant was there for the first). The last court date was for a "bench" trial ?? where all was to be resolved. Being that he did not show, the case was dismissed and the order of protection dropped. Is there any way I can at least go after him for my legal fees for falsely accusing harrasment to the police?
What does the lawyer who just helped you say?? (HINT <<)

bcole6

I don't really want to use this lawyer any further as I have been working on the "barter" system (I do AC/heating work in his building), and I like when he owes me instead of me oweing him. He spent a lot of time in court w/ me on this issue (waiting for other cases) and we all know what they charge an hour.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">