• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sued for Slander?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

azrealtor

ArizonaWhat is the name of your state?

I got divorced 5 yeard ago. A couple who were friends of both of us before the divorce are no longer friends of me or my new wife and have spread rumors about me and my current wife for 5 years now. They spread these to my ex wife which in turn gets back to my family causing emotional harm as they cannot be proved or unproved. We have turned the other cheek for 5 years. But I have had enough. I recently told them that if it continues I will send a letter to all of our other neighbors describing all the same not so flattering things that we did when we were friends. These are true things not made up. Do I have that right and can I be sued for doing this. Please feel free to offer any sugestions to get them to stop.

BA

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">