• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Talking about a child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ilinfoplz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
My ex's ex works at the local hospital. She is a busy body and constantly trying to cause trouble. She has told lies about me on several occassions but I have always taken the high road and let it roll of my back. I have never spoken to her about it or complained to her supervisors. This week she started spreading lies about my 6 year old son. Calling him a child molester. Saying that he has been having sex with a little girl. Enough is enough. You can talk about me but don't you dare talk about my children. I immediately went to her supervisor and to the person above her. She was reprimanded but the damage has already been done. I have received phone calls and text messages asking about the comments that she made. My son is 6 and doesn't know about sex, let alone be able to have it. She was saying that there is an active CPS case involving my son and that the police were involved and had him in custody. These are all lies. I contacted CPS myself to see if there was any cases open involving my children and had them send me a letter stating that they had nothing. I also have 3 witnesses to her comments and I no 1 is willing to testify to what she heard. Is there any recourse for me and my son? I live in a very small community (about 2000 people). A rumor like this could hurt my son and follow him for the rest of his life. I want her to pay for slandering my son's name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">