• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threat to a child?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

misplaced1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas
My boyfriend is in a custody fight for his daughter. Legally he has her every other weekend but he wants her every other week. Her mother has allowed this in the past.. His ex has told him and others that she will let him see his daughter extra if he isn't with me. She has told him and others that I am a threat and a risk to his daughter. There have never been any accusations of this sort against me, I have two sons myself, and she will not specify why I am a threat except for 1 thing. She found out I have herpes. She has told my boyfriend that I am a risk to her daughter because if she touches my panties or something like that she can get it. She has told my boyfriend that I am a herpes whore and things like that while his 8 yo daughter was sitting beside her. She has told other people that I am a risk, threat, etc and we have had to part ways because he wants to see his daughter more and leaving me is the only way he can do so at the moment. He did believe her accusations until he educated himself and did not want to have anything to do with me. Her daughter thinks that I am the reason why she can't see her dad. I love children and have never done anything to hurt a child and love his daughter. She loves me too, although all of the stuff her mother has said to everyone has made her think I am a bad person. I feel his ex is pretty much telling people that if I am a threat to her child that I am a threat to any child. Herpes cannot be spread like that. She is a nurse, and she knows better. Can I sue her for defamation? My boyfriend would testify as to everything she has said, and I have heard her tell it over the phone and others have been with her. He wants to marry me, but he will always choose his daughter over me. She works next door to him and knows many that he works with. I do not have proof but I know she talks to mutual friends and a pastor about me and the situation. I am afraid it will cause issues with my own children or other children I may be around, not to mention my boyfriend. What should I do? She seems to think that she can do this and not suffer any repercussions**************

Proserpina

If you actually have herpes, Mom has a defense against any defamation action.

Also, Dad needs to be the one dealing with this; if he wants more time with his child he needs to get back to court and file to modify his current visitation order.

misplaced1

I may have herpes, but I am not a threat to a child and I can prove this. Herpes can only be transmitted through direct skin to skin/genital to genital contact. If Dad has herpes also because of me, he can still see child and is not a threat. She has even said this. She has also said that she would gladly take Dad back even though he may have been exposed and would expose her. Dad is seeking custody in court, but it is taking a long time and right now just wants to see his daughter as much as he can. I am willing to step back so he can see his daughter, I am just upset that she can go around telling people that I can give herpes to her child just by her being in my home and vice versa.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">