• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Took my picture w/o permission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
A person took pictures of me at work without my knowing. Later on that person was fired, now they are using my picture in their L&I claim. Is that legal? Do I have any rights here? I don't want my picture used by this person at all.

FlyingRon

They don't need your permission to take your picture. They don't need your permission to use it as evidence in the claim. The picture belongs to the photographer. Unless they are publishing it or the like, they need not have your permission to use a picture of you.

They don't need your permission to take your picture. They don't need your permission to use it as evidence in the claim. The picture belongs to the photographer. Unless they are publishing it or the like, they need not have your permission to use a picture of you.
That sucks.
Thank you for the reply

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
A person took pictures of me at work without my knowing. Later on that person was fired, now they are using my picture in their L&I claim. Is that legal? Do I have any rights here? I don't want my picture used by this person at all.
I disagree with FlyingRon's definitive statement that the taking of your picture is legal. It depends on exactly where the picture was taken at work, what the picture shows and how it is being used - and it can depend on other facts not yet disclosed by you.

Surreptitious photographing can be risky for any photographer.

Would you care to provide more details?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">