• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tracy rutherfor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tracy rutherfor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
My tenant will not leave. I sent him an eviction notice April 7th, telling him to vacate by April 15th. By Fed Ex And rrr mail. I went to court. He did not show. The judge ruled in my favor. The next day he filed an appeal and a paupers affidavit. Now I can not file a writ of possession. How long can a person live for free? Do I not have any rights to do anything at all, while he just lives in my house for free??
Can I call a credit bureau or credit unions to report him? Is there a cheap way to run a background check before I rent again?? Thank you.

OHRoadwarrior

he needs to post an amount equal to a months rent w/the court within 5 days or you can get him booted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
My tenant will not leave. I sent him an eviction notice April 7th, telling him to vacate by April 15th. By Fed Ex And rrr mail. I went to court. He did not show. The judge ruled in my favor. The next day he filed an appeal and a paupers affidavit. Now I can not file a writ of possession. How long can a person live for free? Do I not have any rights to do anything at all, while he just lives in my house for free??
Can I call a credit bureau or credit unions to report him? Is there a cheap way to run a background check before I rent again?? Thank you.
For the current case, I would recommend you hire an attorney to wrap this up for you.
For the future, I would suggest that you join a landlord association. This will help you find the resources you need. Alternatively, you may be wise to hire a property manager...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">