• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trustee wasn't trust worthy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allwayz

The trustees and her personal friend who is a trust / probate lawyer put false accusations and hearsay in trust. The trust had impossible requests by grantor . The grantor never made such request due to the fact the grantor knowing the funds were used to pay grantors bills , utilities , food , caregivers etc. The trust stated that"I personally paid my self 20k for the care given to grantor. " And this 20k was to be paid back before grantors death. I received a copy of this trust one month after death. Plus trustee put a hold on this account 7 days before death of grantor. The trustee has a lawyer that is representing her but its not her best friend who's a probate lawyer. And why is this? Because the friend lawyer knows the statements about myself and that I claimed I took the money are all lies.Since the 20 k was not paid back before death I got nothing. Greedy trustee takes it all . Even leaving the donation to grantors church out of the trust.

quincy

The trustees and her personal friend who is a trust / probate lawyer put false accusations and hearsay in trust. The trust had impossible requests by grantor . The grantor never made such request due to the fact the grantor knowing the funds were used to pay grantors bills , utilities , food , caregivers etc. The trust stated that"I personally paid my self 20k for the care given to grantor. " And this 20k was to be paid back before grantors death. I received a copy of this trust one month after death. Plus trustee put a hold on this account 7 days before death of grantor. The trustee has a lawyer that is representing her but its not her best friend who's a probate lawyer. And why is this? Because the friend lawyer knows the statements about myself and that I claimed I took the money are all lies.Since the 20 k was not paid back before death I got nothing. Greedy trustee takes it all . Even leaving the donation to grantors church out of the trust.
What is the name of your state, allwayz?

Do you believe you have been defamed or what exactly is your legal concern? You really haven't asked a question.

When you add your state name, a clarification of your post would be helpful.

Dandy Don

The implication is that he is looking for advice about how to proceed from here, since it appears that he feels he has been denied a payment from this trust because of an allegedly false statement.

Please mention what state is applicable (what state did the grantor die in?).

Exactly how much were you supposed to receive from this trust: just the $20,000.00, or more than that?

Did you have access to the grantor's account in any fashion to be able to pay the grantor's bills? Did you in fact pay any of the grantor's bills using that account or any other account?

Are there any other named beneficiaries in the trust besides you? Is the trustee named as a beneficiary?

Is trustee related to the grantor? Are you related to the grantor?

You have the option of consulting with a trust attorney to evaluate whether or not you want to contest the trust (which would be expensive in legal fees) or perhaps get your attorney to negotiate a payment to you (if the allegation is false) if your attorney can get the trustee to try to prove whether the allegation that you paid yourself is true or not, without having to go to court about it.

quincy

The implication is that he is looking for advice about how to proceed from here, since it appears that he feels he has been denied a payment from this trust because of an allegedly false statement.

Please mention what state is applicable (what state did the grantor die in?).

Exactly how much were you supposed to receive from this trust: just the $20,000.00, or more than that?

Did you have access to the grantor's account in any fashion to be able to pay the grantor's bills? Did you in fact pay any of the grantor's bills using that account or any other account?

Are there any other named beneficiaries in the trust besides you? Is the trustee named as a beneficiary?

Is trustee related to the grantor? Are you related to the grantor?

You have the option of consulting with a trust attorney to evaluate whether or not you want to contest the trust (which would be expensive in legal fees) or perhaps get your attorney to negotiate a payment to you (if the allegation is false) if your attorney can get the trustee to try to prove whether the allegation that you paid yourself is true or not, without having to go to court about it.
First, before any real advice can be offered, the state name needs to be provided and a legal question needs to be asked. Hence my asking allwayz for some clarification.

If allwayz was looking for advice on how to proceed with the trust rather than advice on (what he perceives as) "false accusations and hearsay" in the trust, he probably would have placed his question in the Wills/Trusts section of the forum and not in the Defamation section of the forum. Just a guess on my part, though. ;)

If he is concerned about the false accusations, though, more facts are needed and privilege needs to be considered.

But the advice to seek out the assistance of an attorney in his area for a review and evaluation is always good advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">