• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Washington D.C.'s Animal Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Although I will note that the IRS *might* have some complaint with me. Payment in kind, even as simple as a sitting exchange or a "thank you" dinner IS reportable. But so are tips, and so are a million other things that people don't usually report. If the *IRS* decides to track me down from my posts here, so be it. I will give them documentation of what I was gifted for watching friends/neighbors dogs as well as what I gifted for the same, and I will come out at zero, maybe even a little less than zero because I vacationed like a champ last year. I have full confidence that the IRS has no reasonable business to take up with me. I also know that DC police and animal control have no business with me, because I take good care of my dog, other dogs I am occasionally in charge of, and my property. Jeez, can we just focus on the B who wants the whole neighborhood to hate me for daring to have a dog, but had that backfire on her because everyone in the neighborhood *besides* her loves my dog? ;)
Let us know what happens with your neighbor, JoDa. And, if the IRS does track you down for not reporting a dinner out, it would be interesting to hear about that, too. :)

Good luck.

JoDa

LOL, the IRS tracking me down over an internet post admitting that I engaged in a "bartering" exchange is about as likely as someone producing Obama's "Kenyan birth certificate." If they do, I'm prepared to present them with evidence that I actually bartered away more than I was given in the last year. ;)

As far as my neighbor goes, I have seen hide nor hair of her since I sicced the police on her and sent her a letter telling her to knock it off. I used to end up on the bus with her from time to time on weekdays, but she's even been absent from that. Maybe she decided taking a cab/private car was a better option to avoid the horror of walking past my dog, maybe she got sick and hasn't been going to work for a couple of weeks, maybe she moved, etc. In any case, she's ghosted for the last couple of weeks. I can only hope this is permanent, for me and the dozen or so other neighbors who own dogs...

quincy

LOL, the IRS tracking me down over an internet post admitting that I engaged in a "bartering" exchange is about as likely as someone producing Obama's "Kenyan birth certificate." If they do, I'm prepared to present them with evidence that I actually bartered away more than I was given in the last year. ;)

As far as my neighbor goes, I have seen hide nor hair of her since I sicced the police on her and sent her a letter telling her to knock it off. I used to end up on the bus with her from time to time on weekdays, but she's even been absent from that. Maybe she decided taking a cab/private car was a better option to avoid the horror of walking past my dog, maybe she got sick and hasn't been going to work for a couple of weeks, maybe she moved, etc. In any case, she's ghosted for the last couple of weeks. I can only hope this is permanent, for me and the dozen or so other neighbors who own dogs...
Your latest news sounds promising, JoDa. I will hope with you that the neighbor has finally given up her campaign against you and the dogs.

Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">