• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what are my options for being accused of slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shdshadow

Last night my next door neighbor came knocking on my door around 9pm and stood there accusing me of being in their yard at the back door talking to their teenage daughter, and then proceeded to accuse me of running back into my house when they saw me. While this was happening I was in my living room with my roommate playing Playstation. I asked the guy why he was accusing me and all he could say was I looked exactly like the guy, so I asked why about me looked like this other person. Instead of giving me specific details all he said was everything about me.
Since I have moved here to this apartment the neighbors have done nothing but give me dirty looks while I have been courteous. My thought process on this was that he is prejudice against me because I have tattoos and pierced ears. This family is a very religious family mind you. So what are my options regarding this? I have a roommate that can hold my story and all the neighbor has is what he saw. So am I right to think that this family has just accused me of Slander? If not then what can I do so this situation doesn't escalate any further?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">