• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

davic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I work at a grocery store and part of my job is to bring in the shopping carts around midnight before I go home. Well one night last week I witnessed a drug deal (I actually walked right though the two people). that night I was so nervous I stayed until I saw them leave. they had a red car, I saw them get in and drive off. Today I got off earlier and did not have to bring in the carts as I was walking to my car today I saw it again the red car. There they were they were riding on a bicycle around the parking lot on the opposite side of where I was. I got into my car and locked it right away and pulled out. only to be followed by two cars the red one from before and another. I was really really scared. where I live there are two large roads and several side streets that connect them. I weaved in and out of the two main roads to try and loose them but it didn't work. Luckily before my home there is a rail road track and I lost one of them there but the red car was left. I got to the area around my neighborhood and thought quick (there is an x shaped intersection, I made a turn to go toward my neighborhood right before a red light, and went 60 in a thirty five to make the turn into my neighborhood. And lost him. I put my car in my garage and locked it, but I am really worried that they will come after me. next wee I am moving to the opposite side of my state to a town known for its gang violence and I'm worried that my license plate number may be out there, and I don't know what to do. They know where I live and where I work don't know what to do or where to hide.

Eekamouse

I work at a grocery store and part of my job is to bring in the shopping carts around midnight before I go home. Well one night last week I witnessed a drug deal (I actually walked right though the two people). that night I was so nervous I stayed until I saw them leave. they had a red car, I saw them get in and drive off. Today I got off earlier and did not have to bring in the carts as I was walking to my car today I saw it again the red car. There they were they were riding on a bicycle around the parking lot on the opposite side of where I was. I got into my car and locked it right away and pulled out. only to be followed by two cars the red one from before and another. I was really really scared. where I live there are two large roads and several side streets that connect them. I weaved in and out of the two main roads to try and loose them but it didn't work. Luckily before my home there is a rail road track and I lost one of them there but the red car was left. I got to the area around my neighborhood and thought quick (there is an x shaped intersection, I made a turn to go toward my neighborhood right before a red light, and went 60 in a thirty five to make the turn into my neighborhood. And lost him. I put my car in my garage and locked it, but I am really worried that they will come after me. next wee I am moving to the opposite side of my state to a town known for its gang violence and I'm worried that my license plate number may be out there, and I don't know what to do. They know where I live and where I work don't know what to do or where to hide.
I sincerely doubt you are in any danger from these people. You are probably just being incredibly paranoid.

quincy

Here is the definition of defamation, which does not seem to apply in any way to your concern:

Defamation: A false communication (either written or spoken) that is published about an identified or identifiable person or entity and which exposes that person or entity to hatred, ridicule, or contempt, lowers that person/entity in the esteem of others, causes the person/entity to be shunned/avoided, or injures the person in his business or calling or damages the reputation of the entity.

It appears that your issue is a police matter. I recommend you call the police if you are afraid for your safety.

Good luck.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Since I have to assume there was at least one other employee at the store (you would not be wandering around collecting carts and leaving the store unattended...), what did your manager say when you told him/her what you saw? Did it occur to anyone to call the police?

And really - I think there is more than one person in OH driving "a red car".

Next time? Instead of playing amateur whatever, the best thing to do if afraid is drive to your nearest police station. Really.

quincy

... Well one night last week I witnessed a drug deal ... There they were they were riding on a bicycle around the parking lot ... I got into my car ... only to be followed by two cars ... I weaved in and out of the two main roads ... I made a turn to go toward my neighborhood right before a red light, and went 60 in a thirty five to make the turn into my neighborhood ...
I think davic has more to fear from his own driving when trying to escape two drug dealers who were "riding on a bicycle" than he does from having witnessed a drug deal (IF there is anything true about the tale he tells here - which is highly doubtful ;)).

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I think davic has more to fear from his own driving when trying to escape two drug dealers who were "riding on a bicycle" than he does from having witnessed a drug deal (IF there is anything true about the tale he tells here - which is highly doubtful ;)).
One thing that also occurred to me is that walking between two people engaged in any sort of interchange is incredibly rude.

I had another thought, but it was fleeting.... :(

quincy

One thing that also occurred to me is that walking between two people engaged in any sort of interchange is incredibly rude. ...
Especially if he was pushing a bunch of shopping carts. :)

Whatever the case, what davic has posted in the defamation section of the forum does not appear to have anything to do with defamation - unless the two people he saw were not really dealing drugs and he told someone other than the police that they were. That could be defamatory.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">