• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workplace slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluepoppy35

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio. If I have two witnesses who heard a coworker accuse me of an adulterous affair with a coworker, and it is not true, do I have any legal recourse. What if my employer fails to act on a complaint regarding this case, are they liable also?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your employer has no legal obligation to take any action in the matter. No, if they fail to take action they do not become liable for anything.

justalayman

and you may have a suit against the person that said the untruth about you. Unless you and the party you are suing has a lot of money, there really is no point though. It will cost you a lot of money to sue and unless she has money to pay an award, should you win one, winning would be your only true award.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">