• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong person being sued!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

davedavalan

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I was served a summins to appear in court in two weeks for something I did not do.
The suit is for a past due debt. It list another person with the same last name as me. It claims that me and this other person had a roofing buisness 9 years ago and we had a ad ran in the phone book that was never paid and thats who is suing. Although my name and address are on the summins, I am the wrong person!! I have never been in buisness with anyone and have never done roofing in my whole life. I work in a hospital and have been there over 14 years! I contacted there lawyer and he was rather rude and said he would investigate. I called him today and left a message as he was on the phone with someone else , but he never returned my call. I called the circuit court with no luck. Please help! What do I do? Will this ruin my good name?
PS My name is very common and there are at least 25 listing in the phone book just within 35 miles of my home.

acmb05

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I was served a summins to appear in court in two weeks for something I did not do.
The suit is for a past due debt. It list another person with the same last name as me. It claims that me and this other person had a roofing buisness 9 years ago and we had a ad ran in the phone book that was never paid and thats who is suing. Although my name and address are on the summins, I am the wrong person!! I have never been in buisness with anyone and have never done roofing in my whole life. I work in a hospital and have been there over 14 years! I contacted there lawyer and he was rather rude and said he would investigate. I called him today and left a message as he was on the phone with someone else , but he never returned my call. I called the circuit court with no luck. Please help! What do I do? Will this ruin my good name?
PS My name is very common and there are at least 25 listing in the phone book just within 35 miles of my home.
You go to court and show the proof that it is not you and they have the wrong person. Case will probably be dismissed at that point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">