• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongly accused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cuddlieBear

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
A couple of weeks ago I went to an urgent care with a migrane. Before they treated me the nurse ask me if I had someone to drive me home and I told her yes, my in-laws were waiting outside. By the time I got the shot to releive the migrane the office was closed and the let me out the side door. My in-laws were waiting in their car and my father in-law was to drive my car home. I went over to my car to unlock it and adjust the seat for him then went to the passenger side and got in. Apparently what the nurse saw was me unlocking my car and adjusting the seat. She did not wait to see us leave. Now this urgent care refuses to treat me or anyone in my family. My concerning is more that they have on my record that I left to drive after that shot. Should I pursue getting that removed? Will that cause me a problem in any other way? My in-laws are 85 years old and I was lucky to have them there. The funny (not so funny now) about this is my mother in law knocked on the front door to try and get my keys so my father-in-law could go, but they would not let her in since they had already closed. If that had happened, I would have left in the passenger seat of their car not the passenger seat of my car.

quincy

Unless there is far far more to your story than what you have written here, this sounds more like a simple misunderstanding than something worth spending thousands and thousands of dollars in court to remedy.

Have your father or mother in law accompany you to Urgent Care to explain that one of them drove you home after your migraine shot.

cuddlieBear

I did bring them in to the office, but the office clerk refused to listen. She said the office manager would have to talk to me. I ask to talk to the nurse that made the accusation and she said we have a lot of nurses here. When I discribed the nurse and said can you look on the chart she would not. Then I got very mad and called the nurse that didn't bother to see me drive away a stupid bitch. I really regred doing that. After that I left. I really have no intention of using this place again, but would like to know if they can cause me trouble with accusing me of driving away. Do I need to insist they take off what ever comment they have on my chart?

quincy

Ah, cuddlieBear, I believe that a few more comments have now been added to your chart.

Just find another urgent care office. Leave it at that.

Last edited:

cuddlieBear

ok Thanks. I didn't want to go back, however, my bigger concern was for my insurance, drivers license and my job. Driving under the influence is something I would not do and I could be fired from my job.

quincy

Comments noted on your chart will not jeopardize your car insurance, driver's license or job. Being arrested for driving under the influence could.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">