• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Yelp !!!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joshua.nauman1

California The company i work for as an auto estimator recieved a complaint on yelp. My true full mane was used several time in following posting.

I brought my car into MBO to talk about them damaging my car. I briefly spoke with Carl who was not there when I brought my car in to get fixed. I explained to him that I had received a quote for $280 to align my front bumper so that the head lights and turn signals could be properly set. So I dropped my car off on Thursday the 26th of August just before 10am and then received a call at about 1pm to come down and talk to the mechanic. I went down to MBO to speak with them immediately after the phone call.
Joshua Nauman explained that he had under quoted the damage and that they would need a few more hours to fix the car. The next quote was 470 and I hesitated so he went down to 450 but I had a 70- 80% chance of being happy. This was not an attractive deal for me so I declined. Then he offered to take the hood that they had put on off and put the old hood back on for 1 hours worth of labor ($80). I wasn't happy with this option either.

Then he offered to sell another Integra similar to mine that had no front bumper, hood, engine, or interior to me so I could put all of the parts from my car into it. I told him that the car wasn't straight plus I am only looking to have my car straight and street legal so I can commute back and forth to school. So he went and spoke with the mechanic and came back to his computer to make another estimate and adding a bumper to the estimate for $100 (which I inquired about) The next estimate came to $635.10

I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do and then Joshua Nauman left the shop to do "other things". There was a nice lady who worked in the office and offered me to give the mechanic $20 dollars so I could take my car the way it was when I came in. Still not happy but it was better than paying $80 dollars and besides I needed to be at school by 3pm and an hour had passed so I was running short on time. So the mechanic was supposedly on his break at the moment so she said she would call me when it was done. So I walked home which is a two minute walk. About 15 minutes later she called me and the car was done. Interesting how I was about to be charged an hour for a half hour job. Double price nice!
I left completely unhappy feeling like they wasted my time and took my car for half the day when I could have been getting errands done. I was just going to get over it until I opened the hood of my car and I heard a pop. I looked at it and the mechanic had bent the hood when he placed it on the ground and not only that the hood was no longer aligned with the fender (which wasn't damaged when I brought the car in) and now that I have opened the hood the fender is now damaged because of the work that was done not to mention that the rubber grommet had been torn partially off the hood and now flaps in the wind when driving on the freeway.

After explaining to Carl about the situation he asked me what do I want them to do. I told him that I just wanted my car to be in the same shape as it was when it came in the shop. He asked "So how much did you pay" I told him $20 to take my car worse than it was when I brought it in. Then he asked are you the guy who talked bad about us on Yelp and I confirmed. He threatened to sue me and then he told me that my car was a "hunk of junk" and to "get out of here!".
If they had made the correct estimate in the first place I would not have chosen to do the work. Additionally, I had Three quotes made before making the decision of having the work done. MBO $280, Johns Automotive in Campbell $350, and VHD body $400 all were around the same so I chose the best priced which was also most conveniently located.

Everyone who looked at the car can tell that the bumper was bent. When you look down at the bumper near the head light you can tell that bumper support is bent. And like the other two body guys I talked to, both knew right away that the bumper was bent. They looked straight at it and said the bumper was bent. I am not a body guy and I can look straight at it and tell its bent. MBO kept claiming that you can't tell the damage until you take it apart. But all they did was change the hood and then call me to tell me that they need more time. Its as if they lured me in with a good price started the job to make me have to pay more in the end. I feel scammed and recommend not bringing your car to this body shop.
I guess the only good thing about this experience is that I was going to bring my 69 mustang in that needs all kinds of body work. Thank god for not subjecting my baby to these people. BIG FAT 0 ST

Do I have a case??

Proserpina

California The company i work for as an auto estimator recieved a complaint on yelp. My true full mane was used several time in following posting.

I brought my car into MBO to talk about them damaging my car. I briefly spoke with Carl who was not there when I brought my car in to get fixed. I explained to him that I had received a quote for $280 to align my front bumper so that the head lights and turn signals could be properly set. So I dropped my car off on Thursday the 26th of August just before 10am and then received a call at about 1pm to come down and talk to the mechanic. I went down to MBO to speak with them immediately after the phone call.
Joshua Nauman explained that he had under quoted the damage and that they would need a few more hours to fix the car. The next quote was 470 and I hesitated so he went down to 450 but I had a 70- 80% chance of being happy. This was not an attractive deal for me so I declined. Then he offered to take the hood that they had put on off and put the old hood back on for 1 hours worth of labor ($80). I wasn't happy with this option either.

Then he offered to sell another Integra similar to mine that had no front bumper, hood, engine, or interior to me so I could put all of the parts from my car into it. I told him that the car wasn't straight plus I am only looking to have my car straight and street legal so I can commute back and forth to school. So he went and spoke with the mechanic and came back to his computer to make another estimate and adding a bumper to the estimate for $100 (which I inquired about) The next estimate came to $635.10

I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do and then Joshua Nauman left the shop to do "other things". There was a nice lady who worked in the office and offered me to give the mechanic $20 dollars so I could take my car the way it was when I came in. Still not happy but it was better than paying $80 dollars and besides I needed to be at school by 3pm and an hour had passed so I was running short on time. So the mechanic was supposedly on his break at the moment so she said she would call me when it was done. So I walked home which is a two minute walk. About 15 minutes later she called me and the car was done. Interesting how I was about to be charged an hour for a half hour job. Double price nice!
I left completely unhappy feeling like they wasted my time and took my car for half the day when I could have been getting errands done. I was just going to get over it until I opened the hood of my car and I heard a pop. I looked at it and the mechanic had bent the hood when he placed it on the ground and not only that the hood was no longer aligned with the fender (which wasn't damaged when I brought the car in) and now that I have opened the hood the fender is now damaged because of the work that was done not to mention that the rubber grommet had been torn partially off the hood and now flaps in the wind when driving on the freeway.

After explaining to Carl about the situation he asked me what do I want them to do. I told him that I just wanted my car to be in the same shape as it was when it came in the shop. He asked "So how much did you pay" I told him $20 to take my car worse than it was when I brought it in. Then he asked are you the guy who talked bad about us on Yelp and I confirmed. He threatened to sue me and then he told me that my car was a "hunk of junk" and to "get out of here!".
If they had made the correct estimate in the first place I would not have chosen to do the work. Additionally, I had Three quotes made before making the decision of having the work done. MBO $280, Johns Automotive in Campbell $350, and VHD body $400 all were around the same so I chose the best priced which was also most conveniently located.

Everyone who looked at the car can tell that the bumper was bent. When you look down at the bumper near the head light you can tell that bumper support is bent. And like the other two body guys I talked to, both knew right away that the bumper was bent. They looked straight at it and said the bumper was bent. I am not a body guy and I can look straight at it and tell its bent. MBO kept claiming that you can't tell the damage until you take it apart. But all they did was change the hood and then call me to tell me that they need more time. Its as if they lured me in with a good price started the job to make me have to pay more in the end. I feel scammed and recommend not bringing your car to this body shop.
I guess the only good thing about this experience is that I was going to bring my 69 mustang in that needs all kinds of body work. Thank god for not subjecting my baby to these people. BIG FAT 0 ST

Do I have a case??

Customer complaints of this nature rarely cause enough damage to justify a defamation suit. Customers are allowed to express their dissatisfaction and opinion, for the most part.

Most complaint sites offer the accused the chance to rebut the complaint - perhaps that's your best course of action.

Defamation suits are very costly (in terms of both time and money - you're talking tens of thousands of dollars, and several years) and in this instance you would stand virtually no chance of actually collecting from this person.

justalayman

no, he has no case. In fact, I'm siding with the car owner here. A competent estimator is going to be aware of hidden items and will adjust or hedge the estimate accordingly.

but regardless, I see nothing defamatory about the article. I see the car owner of being ignorant of flat rate charges but even given that, it isn't defamatory.

additionally, if Joshua Nauman had a problem with using his real name in that article or in general, Joshua Nauman probably should have not used Joshua.Nauman1 as a screen name and should have redacted Joshua Nauman from the body of the article quoted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">