• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AFLAC...one sick duck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tiggerbass

I'll try to be brief...3 months after AFLAC received my short-term disability claim they are just now sending my compensation. During this time I received NO phone calls or correspondence explaining the delays. I had to make ALL the contacts, often being shoved from one unknowing rep to another. There were many different "excuses," many unreturned phone calls and many unanswered questions. This is the very condensed version! Meanwhile my mortgage has fallen 4 months behind and I am stressed to my limit. My question is this:
If I actually DO receive my compensation from AFLAC, can I still sue them for some sort of "bad faith?" (No ARISA)
DISGUSTED IN PA

ALawyer

Once they pay -- even though they delay -- most of the sex appeal to a bad faith case is gone. Complain to the state insurance department, but I doubt a lawyer would want this asa stand-alone case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">