• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I buy life insurance on my ex-husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MONTEAUXMOM

My ex-husband is about to leave for Iraq. We have a daughter together and if something happens to him i would not continue to get the child support that i am getting now. My daughter will be getting some money that will be put into a trust until she is 21, but i don't get anything to raise her with. i live in louisiana.

thanks,

Kim monteaux

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you have his permission, you can buy a life insurance policy on him. If you don't, you can't.

You might want to consider listing your daughter as the beneficiary, or even a trust for her support, rather than yourself. If there's any question about his willingness to allow you to buy the policy, doing it that way might make help.

ALawyer

Get him to name you as beneficiary as trustee for your daughter on a new policy -- or his GI policy -- and let's hope he and all our other military and civilian personnel return safely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">