• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental coverage-primary and others

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tammy8

What is the name of your state? NC

Just found out that my SD needs some orthodontal work done on her mouth. My husband has worked out with the orthodontist a payment arrangement which will be filed after the work has been completed (a yr or so from now). At that time, our dental insurance will pay 50% back to my husband to which he would owe his exwife 1/2 due to court order.

The billing clerk questioned my husband today on whether or not his ex wife had any coverage (my husband has no clue as bm in now remarried and she is on new husband's policy which includes dental). If so then ex wife will also get a refund at the end of treatment, right? Is there any way to know whether ex wife has this coverage also and will be filing? Or do we wait and see?

Thanks guys!

Bigfoot

The billing clerk questioned my husband today on whether or not his ex wife had any coverage (my husband has no clue as bm in now remarried and she is on new husband's policy which includes dental).

--What is bm?
--Anyhow, the dental office may want to know if exwife has any coverage so that both insurance companies can be charged a portion for the ortho treatment. Don't understand why you ask if there is a way to determine if the ex has coverage, because you've stated that she has coverage through her husband's insurance. What will be interesting is to find out if both have dental coverage through the same company.

If the minor child is residing with the ex, she will probably be aware of the dental bills, cost, and any reimbursement arrangements, especially if she is providing transportation to the dentist performing the service. It should do no harm for your husband to ask the billing office any questions regarding payment arrangements.

tammy8

My husband and bm(biomother) is splitting the costs up front of the treatment. When treatment is completed, my husband should receive a refund from his dental company to which bm will get half. If she has other coverage would she also get a refund for her portion paid by her dental company? Would my husband be entitled to half of her refund also?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">