• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability/Occuptional Health Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

R.C.frustrated

Reply to 1st statement-
I released the attorney approx. 2 months ago. Before talking with the insurance directly. The attorney has sent me his expenses. Is he still entitled to the settlement? Even though he told me I had no case, and that he was going to change the agreement from contingency to paying his occured expenses. He told me all he cared about was to recop his expenses. That this case was a no win situation for him. So, that's why I released him. Because I couldn't afford his change in agreement.

I am just really frustrated. 6 months and no pay compensation. The insurance company is driving to declare bankruptcy. Because I am getting ready to loose everything. I feel like I am stuck in a corner.

The insurance company & I were about to settle, and then at the last minute the president was wanting more information. I have felt like they have delayed & delayed. So they wouldn't have to pay. There is no relationship with the attorney & I, and I have felt I have had to go back & correct alot of mistakes that he made.

Is it wise to seek a attorney on this matter. I just don't have many options left. I don't feel like the attorney is going to write the letter stating basically, he dosen't want part of the pie.

Thank you for your help.....:confused:

ALawyer

Whether you like what I said before or not, I won't argue with you. There are 2 sides to every story, and your ex-lawyer has his too. Get yourself a NEW local lawyer and let that local lawyer assist you. It will take at least several hours of lawyer time, but probably will reduce the amount the former lawyer ultimately receives. And if you have money coming to you, you'd be stupid to risk bankruptcy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">