• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health insurance company owes me money and refuses to answer letters or reimburse $

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

saelmares

On February 10th I wrote a certified, return receipt letter to a health insurance company letting them know I was not going to continue with their services that I had already payed in advance for one year. The policy says "You can continue this policy in force for successive renewal terms of 1 month, 3 months, y months or 12 months by paying appropriate renewal premiums before the end of the grace period." I payed for a year $338.80. I never used their services at all. The policy was effective 08/06/01 and I let them know I would not continue with them while I still had left already payed services. They received and signed the receipt of my letter February 15. I have called my agent who has done nothing to help me and the insurance company doesn't answer me. What can I do?
Thank you for your help,

Beth3

While I seriously doubt you would be entitled to a refund of premiums for August through February, you probably are entitled to a refund for the balance of the contract year, unless the policy you signed stated something to the contrary.

Contact your State's Insurance Commission and file a complaint.

S

saelmares

Re: Health insurance company owes me money and refuses to answer letters or reimburse $

saelmares said:
On February 10th I wrote a certified, return receipt letter to a health insurance company letting them know I was not going to continue with their services that I had already payed in advance for one year. The policy says "You can continue this policy in force for successive renewal terms of 1 month, 3 months, y months or 12 months by paying appropriate renewal premiums before the end of the grace period." I payed for a year $338.80. I never used their services at all. The policy was effective 08/06/01 and I let them know I would not continue with them while I still had left already payed services. They received and signed the receipt of my letter February 15. I have called my agent who has done nothing to help me and the insurance company doesn't answer me. What can I do?
Thank you for your help,
Thank you to Beth3 for your help. I will contact my State's Insurance Commission and file a complaint. I hope you can read my thanks, since this is the first time I use this marvellous service. God bless you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">