• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health insurance from employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kaf1026

in california, does an employer have the right to make an employee stick with his/her current health insurance until open enrollment. in other words, i have been receiving medical and dental insurance from my current employer, with employee contributions. unfortunately i had to go out on medical disability, with salary continuation. after approx.6 months i am still disabled and the pay has been discontinued, yet i have not been terminated. since i will not be receiving any type of salary from them i do not wish to be billed for the cost of the health insurance, i would rather enroll with my husbands employer health insurance.
is this possible?

Also, since i am still disabled and my salary continuation has ended, can i apply for state disability?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">