• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowners insurance hail claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nagohp

What is the name of your state? Ohio.

I recently filed a hail claim with State Farm due to some roof, siding and gutter damage from a recent storm. I was told by a contractor (after the work was completed) that insurance companies are prohibited by law from increasing premiums as a result of filing a claim for hail damage. Is there any truth to this? My agent has already told me that my premium will go up.

HomeGuru

nagohp said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio.

I recently filed a hail claim with State Farm due to some roof, siding and gutter damage from a recent storm. I was told by a contractor (after the work was completed) that insurance companies are prohibited by law from increasing premiums as a result of filing a claim for hail damage. Is there any truth to this? My agent has already told me that my premium will go up.
**A: I'm not sure, but if they do, tell them to go to hail.

tammy8

Normally homeowner's rates were never surcharged in the past due to claim history. Usually you were just cancelled. Many companies now are using surcharges as a way to keep the number of cancellations down and keep the rates of homeowner policies down in general for everyone.

Your company has had a horrible couple of years and lost tons of money.With that scernio, anything is possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">