• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance cancelled without notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wallygator

I worked for 15 1/2 years at my company and after 3 years of employment employer paid the BCBS premium for medical insurance.
I was not notified that the premiums were not paid and now my company went bankrupt and will not release past payments for all the medical bills I incurred.
They state that they are trying to get the bankruptcy court to release the funds.
Are thay required by law to pay these past medical bills and how do I go about getting them to do this?
They stated to all employees that they are required by law to pay them but have not done so.
I was told by company to pay the bills and as soon as the funds are released they will reimburse my money.
what can I do?
They stopped payments in June and nobody was notified of loss of medical benefits until November of 2000.
Everytime I call them they state the funds have not been released yet!

ALawyer

Contact the state labor department and ask. This is really an employment law question but, as there is an insurance company perhpas the state labor department will help?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">