• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RandomHero82

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
So my question I have is this. My mother in law had a life insurance policy for my wife that has been paid for the last 15 years. Well in May she (probably not thinking straight because she was sick) got pissed off and didn't pay the payment in June and this month (which she just passed last week) because the premium went up. Well my wife calls in and they basically tell her there is nothing they can do and she gets nothing. Is there anything that can be done? I mean the fact that she has paid on this policy that long and yet for 2 months of missed payments it's all gone just seems ridiculous. They told my wife that if she has the extra insurance on whatever that it would have been still good. Any thoughts on this would be well appreciated.

FlyingRon

That's the way term policies work. You can get a new policy but because you're older, it will cost more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
So my question I have is this. My mother in law had a life insurance policy for my wife that has been paid for the last 15 years. Well in May she (probably not thinking straight because she was sick) got pissed off and didn't pay the payment in June and this month (which she just passed last week) because the premium went up. Well my wife calls in and they basically tell her there is nothing they can do and she gets nothing. Is there anything that can be done? I mean the fact that she has paid on this policy that long and yet for 2 months of missed payments it's all gone just seems ridiculous. They told my wife that if she has the extra insurance on whatever that it would have been still good. Any thoughts on this would be well appreciated.
What type of policy was it? If it was whole life, then there are (possibly) more options. If it was term life, then your wife may simply be out of luck.

RandomHero82

Pretty sure it was term life. Well that is not the answer we were hoping for. Thanks for the replies. I guess insurance company gets the last laugh on this one

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">