• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Question for Agent (Georgia)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cstrange

RE: Georgia Insurance Law

I have been unable to find the regulation/law outlining acceptable solicitation of Property & Casualty Insurance. Could someone direct me somewhere that describes in detail the law (I have been to the State of GA Statute & Code pages)?

Specifically, if I am a licenced Agent in the State of GA:
1) Is it within the law for the Agent to pay referral fees to individuals or businesses that refer business to the Agency?
2) Is there a restriction on the dollar amount allowed to pay for referrals?
3) Is there a restriction on the number of referrals an individual can send to an Agent?
4) Where can I find regulations regarding the advertising of insurance products in GA/US? (i.e. I would like to run an ad in the newspaper advertising up to 15% off current premiums. Where can I find if that is acceptable method of advertising?)

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">