• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Insurance Denied My Claim.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vuvanbao

Two months ago I discovered serveral cracks of my 5 " cast iron waist line in my 6 families building. The waist line runs vertically from the 3rd floor to the basement.
My insurance paid only for the restoration of the bathrooms, they denied to pay for the replace of the waist line.

Base on my policy It's said

" We do not insure for loss either consiting of, or directly and immediately caused by, one or more of the following:

F) settling, cracking, shrinking, bulging or expansion.

But if accidental direct physical loss by any of the " Specified Causes of Loss" or by building glass breakage results, we will pay for that resulting loss"

A month later, they sent in an Engineering for inspection. They found the Two metal traps which are used to support the waist line. The traps are fastened to the horizontal of the waist line to a 3"X8" floor beam. This floor beam sudden cracks where the metal traps are fastened.

As the results due to the cracks of the floor beam, the metal traps and the waist line shifted down slightly about 1/4 of an inch, this makes the waist line to come down relatively with the traps. As this happen, the craks of the waist line occur.

My insurance unable to make any payment for the replace of the waist line because the said that the waist line had broken due to settlement of the pipe. This settlement caused additional stress to the pipe, which eventually cracked.

Some body help me please. This crook is trying to make me pay $35,000.00 on my own.

BV

ALawyer

This is an issue of causation, and you'll really need to hire an expert to help you determine AND PROVE to the insurance company -- and, if you can not convince them, eventually a judge -- that the causes were NOT excluded from coverage. Quite frankly, just readinlg what you said, that may be difficult.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">