• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

responsible party for insurance bills after divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cynthia Best

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state?

georgia

my husband has 2 children from a previous marriage, she has full custody but he pays for insurance coverage for them, which is in the divorce agreement.. the question is who would be responsible if the ex wife takes them to a doctor? the actual bill itself has been signed for by the ex wife. when she takes them to an out of network provider our insurance does not cover

C

Cynthia Best

response to ALAWYER

Your rude response almost turned me away from this free advice website.

Scroll to the top of this page and you will see Saving Money on Legal Fees- as you refer me to the www.attorneypages.com, money is not the issue - time from work is, thus my logical solution would be to go to a search engine, like google.com and putting free legal advice.com, which is how I got this address.

Are you an insurance lawyer or a lawyer ? It seems like your acting like a hall monitor.

Do you respond to all questions like this or just the ones you dont have an answer for ?

NO helpful advice, BE quiet

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The problem is, Cynthia, that you aren't going to find a law that says that any specific party is responsible for insurance coverage. That's a situation specific issue, dependent upon the terms of the divorce decree and what the individual parties work out between them. Whether you agree with the tone of ALawyer's post or not (and it's awfully hard to tell the intended tone of a post on a message board) the answer he gave you is correct. This is not a legal question as the answer will not be based in law.

Although I am not a lawyer, I worked for an insurance carrier for five years and am quite familiar with insurance law.

C

Cynthia Best

Thank You for your tactful answer, I do appreciate your advice and thanks to ShyCat, I pulled the original documents out and that helped. I appreciate it..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">