• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacant land

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mickey C

What is the name of your state? New York

If I was injured on an insured homeowner's (not residence) land that is a couple of miles down the road from the insured homeowner's residence, would the property on which my injury occurred, actually be considered "vacant"(as "vacant" land is insured under homeowner's policy) if there was a hibachi on it and a swing? And therefore, the insured would be able to provide coverage for my injuries. Or, is this property that the hibachi and swing on not considered "vacant" because the hibachi and swing are upon it?

H

hmmbrdzz

Mickey C said:
What is the name of your state? New York

If I was injured on an insured homeowner's (not residence) land that is a couple of miles down the road from the insured homeowner's residence, would the property on which my injury occurred, actually be considered "vacant"(as "vacant" land is insured under homeowner's policy) if there was a hibachi on it and a swing? And therefore, the insured would be able to provide coverage for my injuries. Or, is this property that the hibachi and swing on not considered "vacant" because the hibachi and swing are upon it?
=======================

Did you have permission to be on the land and to be using the hibachi and the swing and/or did you see a sign that said "use hibachi and swing at your own risk"? What kind of injuries did you sustain from the hibachi and the swing?

hmmbrdzz

M

Mickey C

Actually, although I did not have permission to utilize the swing in which injuries were sustained to the head, although you could raise the question of permissive use, (which I'm not concerned about that); the big question is regarding "vacant" land....Vacant land is covered under the homeowner's policy, but do you think because there was a swing and a hibachi on this land it is considered vacant? Thanks for your input.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">