• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 year old son wants to move out - can he?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

depressedmom

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My son is 17 years old, one of his friends is getting his own place and wants him to move in with him. He will be a senior in high school this fall. Can he legally move out? What can I do to keep him from doing it?

K

kturecek

Boy, do I feel for you! Been there, done that. My son is now 19, but I had the same dilemma as you when he was 16. And, as has been pointed out, they are still minors and we are responsible for them, but it's hard to be responsible for somebody you can't control. I had no choice but to let him go his own way when he was almost 17. Keep your chin up. I know it's hard, believe me, but you can always hope they will turn around.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">