• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rose1213

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? illinois
okay to make a long story short i will be turning 18 in three weeks i currently live in illinois and i want to move in with my boyfriends mom. she lives in missouri and she told me that on my 18th b-day that i could move in. my mom told me that if i left she would call the police and say i was a "runaway" and then she said that she would call the police on his mom for "harboring a runaway" or "kidnapping". i don't want his mom to get into trouble. i was wondering if my mom can really go to the police since i will already be 18. she also told me that his mom can go to jail if she takes me to missouri because she will be taking me "across state lines" and that it would be "federal kidnapping" i don't know what that means. any FACTUAL info would be appreciated because i'm not out to break any laws or anything like that. please respond as soon as possible! (and yes when i go to missouri i will go to high school to finish my senior year, i am an A+ student with a 4.0 GPA i'm going to finish school and go to college, his mom is already arranging to have me enrolled in a high school there)

seniorjudge

Double Post Warning

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? illinois
okay to make a long story short i will be turning 18 in three weeks i currently live in illinois and i want to move in with my boyfriends mom. she lives in missouri and she told me that on my 18th b-day that i could move in. my mom told me that if i left she would call the police and say i was a "runaway" and then she said that she would call the police on his mom for "harboring a runaway" or "kidnapping". i don't want his mom to get into trouble. i was wondering if my mom can really go to the police since i will already be 18. she also told me that his mom can go to jail if she takes me to missouri because she will be taking me "across state lines" and that it would be "federal kidnapping" i don't know what that means. any FACTUAL info would be appreciated because i'm not out to break any laws or anything like that. please respond as soon as possible! (and yes when i go to missouri i will go to high school to finish my senior year, i am an A+ student with a 4.0 GPA i'm going to finish school and go to college, his mom is already arranging to have me enrolled in a high school there)
https://forum.freeadvice.com/marriage-domestic-partnerships-other-family-law-matters-45/moving-out-427784.html

Answered in that thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">