• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

22 year old Adult Child Eviction advice needed in Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BillyRose

North West Ohio (Bryan). My mother owns her home, my youngest brother lives there for free, no rent, no lease no job ect. he has moved his girl friend in and has had two kids. My mother asked them to leave but since they have been freeloading for so long they have taken it for granted. They have become ungrateful and disrespectful on many levels and have destroyed property. He has never lived on his own, he has never moved out. They told my mom they she needs to have them evicted if she wants them to leave, so i started doing the research. I came across the "notice to quit" and it asked for Lease info.....well there is no lease, he simply just hasnt ever moved out. So what would she do about a lease date? make one up? what date? What exactly does she need to do to get them out ASAP??

Proserpina

North West Ohio (Bryan). My mother owns her home, my youngest brother lives there for free, no rent, no lease no job ect. he has moved his girl friend in and has had two kids. My mother asked them to leave but since they have been freeloading for so long they have taken it for granted. They have become ungrateful and disrespectful on many levels and have destroyed property. He has never lived on his own, he has never moved out. They told my mom they she needs to have them evicted if she wants them to leave, so i started doing the research. I came across the "notice to quit" and it asked for Lease info.....well there is no lease, he simply just hasnt ever moved out. So what would she do about a lease date? make one up? what date? What exactly does she need to do to get them out ASAP??

He's likely month-to-month, and she can serve him the notice to quit as soon as she likes. Once that's done, she'll have to follow the Ohio eviction rules.

There's decent info here: http://www.ohiolegalservices.org/public/legal_problem/housing/landlord-tenant-issues/eviction/qandact_view

And here: https://www.ohiobar.org/forpublic/resources/lawyoucanuse/pages/lawyoucanuse-486.aspx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">